Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Back in the saddle

So I think it's safe to say that plans for my 40th birthday will probably be changing. The family was going to go to France, and I was going to do the Paris-Brest-Paris uber-marathon bicycle ride. While the first is still totally possible, the second has been completely derailed by more important life events.

That said, I feel like crap about myself physically, and there's nothing better for that (for me) than getting on the bike again. So tomorrow I'm going to try out a new routine. Baby steps, man, baby steps.

I mapped out about a 10-mile bike route (each way) so that I can drive part of the way to work with my bike, park the car, and ride the rest of the way in. Even though I can clearly remember doing 100+ mile days on the bike without much trouble, I have no doubt I'm gonna be humbled by 10 miles each way. Still, I'll end up feeling better eventually and might even lose a few of these pounds I gained recently.

I remember how good it felt to do long difficult rides with my best friend Trevor, and I'd really like to feel that capable again. I guess I gotta start somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment