Friday, September 24, 2010

And now for something completely different

What a difference a year makes. I wish that all I had to worry about right now is gaining weight on business trips.

I'd like to use this space to throw out some perspective as I stumble through my separation from Jessica. I'll try not to be too maudlin and depressing. Surprisingly, our situation does offer some chances for humor. I'm not going to sugarcoat the rest of it, though.

A few things to note before I start all this:

- I tried to turn comments off, but I don't know much about the technical side of blogging. If I was successful in turning them off, and if you want to talk to me about a post, find me some other way.

(Edit:  Comments are back on.  Fire away.)

- Don't take any single post as an indication of my overall state of mind, friends and family. I'm doing fine. I'm just providing some snapshots of stuff that goes through my head. But I love you for being concerned anyway.

- Yeah, I'm going to talk about the craziness of venturing back out into the dating world. Jessica and I agree that we both should go back out there, even if we aren't divorced. That whole world is just bursting with good stories, especially for a guy who is learning at almost-40 the social skills that everyone else learned in their 20's.

And without further ado... You can't go home again

No comments:

Post a Comment